Accessibility is a complicated topic!
Critical Techniques everyone should know
- Read Can you reach anything that’s interactive using the tab key? to learn how to navigate a website with only your keyboard.
- Read Can you use a screen reader to access the page content? to learn how people with screen readers use the web (and how you can learn if required).
In-Depth Training Classes
- Online Self-Paced Web Accessibility Classes by Deque – These include training classes specific to various roles as well as the full curriculum for IAAP certification preparation
- How to meet WCAG 2.0 by the W3C
- WCAG Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) by the W3C
- Creating a Culture of Accessibility by Cordelia-McGee Tubs on the Dropbox Technical Blog.
- A DIY Web Accessibility Blueprint by Beth Raduenzel at A List Apart
- Accessibility for Teams by the US Government
- Extreme Design by Derek Featherstone at An Event Apart explains how designing for accessibility needs helps us think of extreme scenarios that result in a better design for everyone.